If you recall last winter in Mexico one dolly fender got shaken apart on a very rough section of toll road. The fender broke into three pieces so we stopped at a small repair shop and he glued it back together and added some metal straps for strength. That repair lasted almost all the rest of the winter but it was starting to fail on the way home. The second fender was holding together but had developed some cracks so it was just a matter of time until it failed as well.
Yesterday I went down and bought some pieces of plastic material and a tube of marine grade adhesive. My plan was to cut out two pieces to fit over the outside of the fender and glue it in place. The bolts that hold the fender on would then hold everything together. It worked out pretty well I think. I added a few straps on the inside of the broken fender for strength. put it back together like a jigsaw puzzle and glued the new piece over the top. Time will tell how good it is.