Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Virgin Broadband

When we first arrived in Mesa my Virgin Broadband worked fairly well. I had to be careful where I placed my CradlePoint modem, it was very slow if I placed it on one side of the motorhome but acceptable if placed on the other side.

Over the next week service got steadily worse up to the point where it would drop off after a few seconds. At this point I called Virgin. After his initial, expected attempts to blame me for whatever was wrong the rep actually did try to fix the problem. After a few minutes he said he was going to reset something and suddenly my connection improved and did not drop off again during the time we wrapped up the call. However, a few minutes later it was back to the same problem.

At this time I discovered my Samsung Tablet worked fine. Maybe because it is more text based and required less broadband or whatever, it worked where neither laptop would work. I resigned myself to using the tablet for everything but my banking.

When I did my banking at the end of the month I found I had great Internet! It was fast and stayed connected! I don't know what they did but I suspect they did some changes or repairs at the tower. Whatever they did, my complaint seems to have initiated some effort on their part.

Thanks Virgin Broadband.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta have good broadband, in this day and age.
    What did we ever do before the internet?

    ReplyDelete