Monday, June 18, 2018

My Mailbox Walk

Here is the walk to the mailbox and back.

Down the driveway

Across the crosswalk 
And down the path past the eagle carving


A bit of the beach. There are often eagles in those trees!

Hydration for dogs provided, I had my own water. 

The Husky station where Rae worked the winter she was here. 

The boat ramp and fish cleaning station. Honour system payment. 

Time for some water. It is around 80 degrees! 

The old Shell station where Brooks once worked (and was robbed).  Now a restaurant.

The Fogg Dukker Coffee Shop on the beach. Should I stop for an espresso? No, too hot. 

Finally, the mail box! 0.6 KM  No crosswalk from the walking path over to the mailboxes. Time for some political action!

I will walk back on this side of the road. Not too busy and this is marked as a bike lane. 

The Husky station again.$1.46 per litre. See how much I saved by walking? 

Liquor Store and vacation rentals. $300 per night, three nights minimum! Don't worry, we won't make you stay there! 

Back home! Up the driveway and it will be 1.2 KM!



16 comments:

  1. Ok gr3at it is a good start now do it every day of the week except Sunday. I guarantee by the end of the month you will start to enjoy the walk and in four weeks time extend the walk by 500 yards....of course no charge for this health tip!!!!les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You are welcome any time. Avoid the USA! Fly over it!

      Delete
  3. Croft, I enjoyed the walk with you. Thanks for taking us! 3/4 of a mile of constant walking is not bad. 80F. is pretty good for a walk. In the 90s, not so good; so I'm still using the treadmill while viewing National Geographic outdoor specials. Just dreaming of the cool mountains of North Georgia and North Carolina right now.

    Are there other familiar locations around you which you could drive to and park, then take an easy 1 to 1.5 km walk? Changing the scenery helps once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an equally nice 1.5 KM walk in the opposite direction to Tim Horton donut shop. Our friend Shadowmoss was here last summer and walked it several times while waiting for us to get up.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Not one in this direction and Fogg Dukkers sells only healthy stuff! The other direction however has a Tim Hortons Donut shop. But it is three times as far. I will have to work up to it.

      Delete
  5. Great start! Soon you will have to mix it up a bit or it will start to get boring. Is there a nice park close by with some walking paths? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No parks within walking distance. LOL. I could turn around and go south on the walking path. There is a Tim Hortons about 1.5 KM away if I need a goal.

      Delete
  6. Liquor Store? That site was a little house that burnt a bunch of years ago wasn’t it? I just took a Google Map tour of Campbell River. Lots has changed in the 6 years we've been gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about that liquor store. The town is changing!

      Delete
  7. That walk is nice enough that it shouldn't get boring. If you go a bit further past the mail boxes there is some kind d of memorial garden with interesting markers and remembrences. Could make for good pics here. I wondered about it when I walked around it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that park was put there for people to spread ashes of departed loved ones. I spread a few of both my parent's ashes on the beach right in front of our place. Probably illegal so sue me!

      Delete