Thursday, February 27, 2020

Still Kicking!

I have had a couple of my old readers express some concern about me and the fact I have not posted in a while. Well, everything is OK.

I have backed off the Blog for a couple of reasons. One, I am not doing much worth reporting lately and two, ... well, maybe there is no two. We have had a cold, wet winter up here in Campbell River and I have just been vegetating. I have been spending some time with my son in Shawnigan Lake and with my friend Penny in Victoria (who has just become a brand new grandmother!) She was up here for New Years Eve and we managed a couple of visits with friends.

Right now I have been gathering data for my Income Taxes as well as for Norma's Final Taxes. This seemingly simple task has had an unpleasant effect on me and has brought back memories that I thought might be getting tucked away. Not a bad thing really. I could have had both our taxes professionally done this year but TurboTax is evidently set up to handle Final Taxes and she only had three months income to be dealt with so it should be fairly simple. As always, I will have to pay as neither of us had taxes deducted from our government pensions, only from our Union pensions. My "Rainy Day Fund" will cover it no problem.

The combination of the weather, the memories and the never-ending construction on the highway in front of my house has me down a little but nothing for anyone to be concerned about. I am fine!

We are making plans for a motorhome trip this summer. I asked Penny where she wanted to go and she indicated she really loved the Okanagan with it's lakes and wine country so that is probably where we will go again. It is easy to make quick day trips down to the USA for sightseeing and shopping so we are looking forward to that.

I will be back on line when I have something more exciting to report.

5 comments:

  1. I had been wondering Croft. Glad to see you posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped off for a month and it had the same effect. I see you on facebook so I know you're still kicking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you posting again. Guess I should put up a post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to get an update. Dreary weather can lead to sadness and depression, at least for me, so hope your sunshine and good weather returns soon. Sounds like you have a road trip already planned. Hopefully some day you will FLY back to Mexico for a visit! Until then, take it easy.

    ReplyDelete