Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Surgery Date Getting Closer!

Surgery Date Getting Closer!
I talked to my eye surgeon's office this morning and was told that the Comox Hospital is now allowing cataract surgeries to proceed. This is good news because I can tell my left eye vision is getting progressively worse. I have to wait for a phone call and then buy some eye drops which I take for a week or two. Then I go in for the surgery. I need a driver who is willing to wait for the hour or two before I am released and my friend Brian has volunteered for the duty.
I am required to wear a mask for the surgery and strangely enough they are not provided. I do not own a mask but Brian has a friend who makes them and is making inquiries for me.
Now to be patient and wait for the call.

6 comments:

  1. You are so lucky, my waiting period was a year and a half and that was before this virus situation so god knows how long it will be. I think I'll be blind in that eye before they get me in.
    Elaine in Salt Air

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told I needed surgery and went on the waiting list in September, 2019. They won't tell me exactly where I am on the waiting list except to say I am "near the top". We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! You're going to have good vision. I'm tired of my reading glasses. You'll be fine but it is strange they don't supply the mask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the Cataract Surgery. You'll wish it could have been done earlier.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the better vision.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had my right eye done about 25 years ago. When they took the bandage off of it, I realized how dirty my house was. When they did the left eye, I started to drive again. Good luck with it. It itches terrible, but is worth it.
    Robert Gill
    Phoenix, Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in Comox (friend of Contessa) and was just there on Monday to do lab work as some of our labs are shut. It was all very civilized, not at all like you'd expect a hospital in the time of Covid. Still there is a security guard before you park telling you where to park, and a guy at the front who asks you a bunch of questions. Other than that and wearing a mask as normal :)

    ReplyDelete