Wednesday, November 11, 2020

My New Highway

 Things are progressing out front of my house. They paved the highway a week ago and have almost finished the sidewalk on my side.


The new seawall is complete and back-filled with rock and they will soon pour the sidewalk on that side of the street.


They have installed rock stairs down to the beach just a hundred feet or so to the south so we keep our beach access.

Still to be done is the burying of the power, telephone and cable and the removal of the poles. That will not be completed until later next year. Things are getting quieter around here. They will re-pave my driveway after the utilities are buried. That will be at no cost to me as they had to tear it up to bury the storm drain and utilities.

6 comments:

  1. Well it is ever so slowly coming together. Once the sidewalk is complete you will have somewhere to walk. What else are you going to do this winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sticking around this winter. Couldn't get into the US if I wanted to and I don't want to. When this is all over I am going to fly down to Monterrey to visit with Juan and Chris. We have a dinner date in a fantastic Italian restaurant not far from their place.

      Delete
  2. How lucky you are to have a water view! I'm envious. IF you make it to Monterrey, hopefully the three of you will make a roadtrip to San Miguel! Keep me posted.......Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you have an ever-changing water view you will never be satisfied without it. The salt spray from storms make window cleaning a regular task though.

      Delete
  3. Looks like it was worth the wait. After the buried cables, it will have an even better view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That part of the project has been COVID delayed until next July.

      Delete