Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Checking In

Just a quick note to check in. All is well with me, I am feeling great and having no problems except I am really done with this COVID-19 induced isolation! I have been making the odd trip to the grocery store but that is about all, I have not even been down to visit my son.

The weather has been cool with a little bit of snow but nothing to complain about. The highway construction has come to  halt. They are almost done and will start up again later in the year when they will re-surface my driveway and landscape my lawn after burying the services.

I am eating well and watching too much TV. I signed up for Netflix and am working my way through their documentaries, The purchase of the big screen TV in late 2019 was good timing.

Well, everyone stay well and follow the rules, this too will come to an end.

7 comments:

  1. Same here Croft. Fed up with isolating. The feeling is mutual with most of the globe so we will see anothe spike coming in March/April as people move around for Spring break. Hang in there. The rewards are there for those who wait. My only salvation is my exercise routine; weights at home and 10k power walks. Now with the cold it's getting worse. I can understand the term "cabin fever". When I was a kid it sounded fun to stay home all day, day after day. No more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isolation is getting to most of us.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any idea when you'll be getting the vaccine? My wife and I have gotten both Pfizer shots so we should be good now. Of course we are still masking when we go anywhere. I haven't heard how Canada is doing in that regard. Hope you are able to get it soon. Even though the hassle is still there you feel like you are a lot safer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been some "supply problems" in Canada but we are hoping to register in March and get the first vaccine in April or perhaps May, depending on location, age, etc. Canada is currently running 20th in the world for vaccine delivery, a situation I am not happy about. I am happy to hear it has gone better for you but like you say, you still have to be careful. Keep healthy, stay happy and find something to laugh about each day!

      Delete
  4. I so enjoy the documentaries on Netflix. But, last week I did watch a movie with Ralph Fienes called "The Dig" which was based on a true story. Excellent story and acting. You might enjoy. I'm ready for the covid quarantine of one year to be over as well. Should have my first shot in the next couple of weeks here in SMA and then the followup 28 days later. I will sigh with relief as I have damaged lungs and have been extra careful, to put it mildly. Take care and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I watched The Dig last week. It was very good. I just watched the story of Juan Manuel Fangio, the Argentinian recognized as the best race driver in history. Lots to watch on Netflix!

      Delete
  5. I miss live music. Lots of musicians are doing livestreams, some of them very good. And I happily paypal them. But it's not the same as face to face, for them or us. But there's light at the end of the tunnel...

    ReplyDelete