Sunday, August 1, 2021

Proof Of Life!

Sorry, I have not been posting but I have an excuse. For the past couple of years my life has pretty much been a daily rotation from my bedroom to the kitchen to the TV room - repeat ad nauseum.

I have had both Pfizer shots and have been following the recommendations of medical and government folks and have been staying pretty much at home except for exciting trips to the grocery store and the odd food takeout venues. I wear a mask whenever I am out even though the mandate has changed. I did break out on Fathers Day and spent four days at Brooks and LindsLee's place in Shawnigan Lake where I also got to spend time with both granddaughters! That was a welcome treat! Jayde lives in Vancouver and Sierrah in Victoria where both are busy. Sierrah will be starting Acupuncturist school in September so that will be interesting!

I have not had license plates on the motorhome for a year and a half so it has not moved out of it's parking place for a long time. My young friend Kelly, who keeps the house clean and the garden under control and then fights me when I try to pay her properly, put in a few hours in the motorhome a couple of days ago  and now everything is spotless and fresh smelling out there. Neither one of us had noticed how bad it was out there so it's good to get it done.  

Otherwise I am well. I can't highly recommend going through the pandemic without a partner or someone to talk to every day but many of you are doing that yourselves so I have little to complain about. I suspect the virus will be around for at least the rest of my life but am hoping that it will become under control to the point that transmission is slowed almost to a stop and effects will be minimized even more than they are now.

Anyway, everyone stay well and stay safe! I promise to not take so long to check in next time!

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you’re doing ok. Here in Connecticut outside New YorkCity the Delta variant is rearing its ugly head. We are also being very careful. We wish everyone would get vaccinated and halt this pandemic! Stay well, we miss our travels but we all have to stay safe. BTW how are Norma’s roses doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are doing as well as can be expected in the drought we are going through. The deer are also keeping the lower branches stripped but they will survive! I am seriously thinking of eliminating all Norma's plants except for the roses and trees. Grass is much easier for a non-gardener like myself to deal with.

      Delete
  2. I was just saying to a friend yesterday I hope we're not destined to deal in one way or another with the virus the rest of our lives though it's looking as if that might be the case. But it is what it is until it isn't, and so many who are resisting the vaccine are making it look like this will be the way it is.

    I'll be interested to hear from time to time about how your daughter is doing with acupuncture. I studied it for quite a while in the early '90's until I had to drop out because of health issues. I'm excited for her - such an interesting healing modality - the more I learned about it the more I was (am) amazed we've gotten along as well as we have without combining Eastern and Western medicine. I wish her the best! Barbara Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara! It's actually my youngest granddaughter doing the acupuncture. She is only 23 and has been interested in it for some time. She is a vegan as well and when she decides to do something, she goes all in so I am sure she will do well at it. She was also looking into becoming a yoga instructor and decided on the acupuncture. Her dad (my son) suffered from back pain for decades and when he found ling lasting relief from an acupuncturist, that piqued her interest.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you're still kicking Croft. I made the move from California to Arizona. Sold my house in the San Fernando Valley for a buttload and bought a beautiful 1900 sq ft house in a nice neighborhood for less than half what I got from mine. That and the cost of living is so much lower here. So I'm semi-retired, working as a contractor for the same company now. Betty is not doing well mentally but I'm keeping her out of the hospital for the most part.

    As for the vaccine, I agree with all of you that it sure would be great if all those anti-vaxxers would just suck it up and take it. But I can understand part of their reasoning. The FDA hasn't officially approved any of them yet but I suspect it's more the hate of Biden than anything else. Maybe if the Dems actually gave Trump a little credit for Warp Speed some of those who won't take it would change their mind. But probably not.

    Anyways, glad to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, lots of news Don! Moving is what a lot of my friends are becoming good at lately, selling their super valuable houses in Vancouver and buying on the Island and using the balance for an income plan. I am happy to see that part worked out for you!

      But wow! I am so sorry to hear about Betty! What a thing for both of you to have to go through! Hopefully the change in location and climate will have a positive effect on her. I am really sorry to hear this.

      Yes, vaccines! Canada is opening it's borders to vaccinated Americans but fake "proof" is very easily available so what's the point? I think everyone should stay in our own country until the percentage of people fully vaccinated far surpasses the "herd immunity" levels. I hear what you are saying but people generally obey speeding and seatbelt laws for the "common good", why not vaccine and mask rules? Nobody wants to be responsible for someone else's death. I just don't get it.

      Anyway, you take care of yourself and Betty and please keep in touch.

      Delete
  4. Good to see you back ... I missed reading your posts...Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I will make an attempt to be more regular on here.

      Delete