Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Money Grows On Trees!

At least I hope it does right now! We developed a problem with the dolly tires that has only gotten worse with the sustained highway speeds (60 mph) we have been able to do since we crossed the border. Both tires were “scalloped” for some unknown reason even though they had less than 10,000 miles on them. I stopped at a tire store and was told they were ruined, probably from being out of balance and had to be replaced. I also had them put the spare on one of the outside rear wheels where I had clopped a curb in Mexico and cut the tire. It did not seem badly damaged and did not bulge so I let it go. When I showed it to the tire guy here in Butte, Montana he told me it was only a matter of time before it would burst and probably damage the siding on the MH. So, two new trailer tires and one tire change later I was out another $170 USA. At least there is no sales tax in Montana.

When I had the lube and oil done they noticed a sag in the exhaust pipe that needs a hanger so I am watching for a muffler shop now.

The toilet in the motorhome has a faulty valve that allows it to keep running and overflowing once in a while so I will have to get that fixed as well. It might be cheaper to just replace the toilet. We shall see.

Gas is slowly increasing in price as we move north. When we crossed the border it was $1.85, then $1.95 and now it is $2.05.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Sorry your trip is ending on such a sour note!!!

    You must be racing towards home by now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete