Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Project

I have a small project. My granddaughters came up for a visit a week or so ago and the youngest was quite taken with my new Asus Netbook. She decided she wanted one and told me she had almost enough saved up from her Birthday and Christmas cheques over the last couple of years. She is very good with money and has saved every nickel! She has decided this is what she wants to spend her money on as she is tired of waiting in line to use the family computer and then getting kicked off when someone else has something more important to do.

I ordered her one on the Internet last night and it should be here in a couple of days. Maybe tomorrow. I will strip it of the bloat and 30 day trials of software, load it up with Avast! anti-virus, Ccleaner and Open Office. I will make a Ghost backup of the whole thing that I will hang onto and, after giving her my standard warning about downloading games and basic Internet safety for kids, I will send it on to her.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, that's so nice of you, Croft. You're the man! ;)

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you Rob! What have you been up to?

    ReplyDelete