Saturday, September 1, 2012

What An Idiot!

I was working on finishing the gate in the new fence yesterday and wrecked my back! The 100 pound panel I was going to convert into a gate was jammed in between two posts and I yanked it to get it out. Wrong thing to do! My back is killing me. None of the chiropractor offices are open on Saturday so I will have to suffer through till Tuesday as Monday is a Canadian holiday. Damn!

I have had a delicate back since my 30's and have been a regular once or twice a year customer of a chiropractor since. When I retired twelve years ago, I stopped having problems except for once when I picked something up the wrong way. I ended up flat on my back for a couple of days. This might be the same thing although it is not as bad this time. I am usually very careful as I have learned over the years what causes it.

The good news is, the gate works well. Here it is from the neighbor's side:


10 comments:

  1. Rx: tequila weekend.
    Bill in Nebr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Sure hope your back heals quickly. What an awful thing to have plague you this long weekend...with great weather offering up the opportunity to enjoy other outdoor activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Headlines like that always get my attention!

    Sorry to hear about your back and hope its not too bad until you can get to your chiropractor.

    The new gate does look great though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Croft.....how is this going to interfere with the wedding? Wish I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope you're doing well, but don't ever forget that younger, fitter ex-Telus employees live quite close to you and are always willing to help our more senior retirees ;)

    Seriously, just give us a call if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And no, you're not an idiot, just stubborn. I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rod. Yes, I am stubborn. We have to get together before you sell the house and leave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll make it work out sometime this month. I'm also thinking about having a Freddie's Friday before we run out of town so I'll keep you informed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooops. Not good to be down. I hope it passes and you feel better soon. Say hi to Norma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm voting for 'idiot' too. Us old guys aren't 25 anymore. The rx for a tequila weekend might not be such a bad idea though. Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete