Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Goodbye Cricket!

I finally got rid of our loud cricket yesterday afternoon. I really did not want to pull the fridge out over the laminate floor so we put up with it's nightly "chirping" hoping he would tire of not having a willing female answer his desperate call. Yesterday I noticed him walking across the living room towards my computer room, perhaps to relocate. I pushed him into the middle of the room while I went for a towel, picked him up and shook him out over the lawn. I am sure his mating call will be met with more success outside.

7 comments:

  1. Croft, you are a master hunter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a Humanitarian. I would have squished it, but then again, I'm Heartless.

      Delete
    2. I had sympathy. I have been that desperate for female companionship in the past as well so I knew how he felt!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Rod - little redeemable value from a cricket - They eat your plants and keep you up at night.

    ReplyDelete