Sunday, August 2, 2015

Great To Have Friends!

My Windows 10 install problems are solved! I had display driver problems after the install to the point that the resolution was so bad I could not use some of my installed programs. I had to scroll across the page to be able to read some of them.

I appealed to my friend Rick for help and after making a few suggestions he came to the conclusion that trying to direct me by email to perform these tasks was like a brain surgeon trying to talk a non doctor through a brain transplant by email! "First, cut a big hole",

I ended up installing TeamViewer and this let him take over my PC and do what had to be done. It was weird watching my cursor dart all over the screen, programs open and downloads directed all without me touching anything! Anyway, needless to say, he fixed my problem and I have a perfectly functioning Windows 10 desktop!

I can't thank you enough Rick and the number of coffees and donuts I owe you just multiplied!

12 comments:

  1. I love Rick's posts, he's a guy for lots of information!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't TeamViewer awesome? Been using it for years with my client for whom I use the Windows machine.

    As for drivers, am I glad we don't have to deal with that BS in the Mac world. We're strictly plug and play. It infuriates me that my PC keeps having to look for the drivers for my mouse and keyboard when I plug them in, especially since my peripherals are made by Microsoft! What kind of insanity is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick has helped us out too the same way with other issues right across Canada, he sure is a handy fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Teamviewer and love the Mac world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good new on the fix and the fixer, Rick. Are you happy with Windows 10?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very nervous about it at first but yes, I am very happy with it. Installation, specially driver updates, could be smoother.

      Delete
  6. Glad I could be of help, Croft, and I'm looking forward to those Timmy's Donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd be careful with that Rick guy, he has probably installed a virus in your computer that will subtly convince you to vote NDP in the next election. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very successful virus John. I am waiting for you to declare you have seen the light and are voting Orange! Come on, join all your friends, it is painless!

      Delete
    2. I am afraid when that happens you will have all your union cronies at BC Ferries out of work, cause you'll be able to drive your Motorhome off the island on the ice.

      I find it ironic that this Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) that makes life such a painful experience for my wife also uses "Orange" as their signature colour.

      Nevertheless it will be interesting times for political junkies for the next 11 weeks.

      Delete