Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Eye Surgery!

They did my left eye cataract surgery at around noon yesterday. My eye was a little sore, felt gritty and my vision was very cloudy and very sensitive to the sun, even shade. I was a little concerned because I had read that I should see improvements within 24 hours.

It is much better today! I used artificial tears last night and the grittiness went away and my eyesight has improved over last night. It is slowly but surly getting better so as long as that keeps up, I am happy. They gave me the "puff of wind" test this morning and I passed. The tech said everything was normal and that sensitivity to sunlight was normal and I shouldn't worry about it, everyone is different so quit setting time limits. My left eye vision is still very cloudy but seems to be slowly clearing up. I have an appointment with my surgeon in six days and will attempt to curb my anxiety until then! :)

4 comments:

  1. Once you start driving without glasses be sure to get a new license that reflects that. One of the guys in Quartzsite last year got a ticket for not having his glasses or contacts when his license specified them. Yeah, it was a kinda bogus ticket, but he had to get a letter from his opthalmologist and take it to the courthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What we were told was everyone heals at different rates. It took nearly Two Years for the Fluorescent Lights to stop bothering me.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the improved vision.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it went well. Jim had both eyes done and is really happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I had cataract surgery, they had drops for me to put in my eye after the surgery for about 8 days. I never had cloudiness or any issues with light, but I never leave home without my sunglasses. Hopefully all is well now!
    I also had a lense implant and for the first time since I was 1 year old, I no longer wear glasses which I couldn't get out of bed unless I had them on my vision was so bad.
    Enjoy your cleared vision.

    ReplyDelete