Friday, September 18, 2020

Random Acts Of Kindness

 We have all experienced them. Complete strangers taking the time to help us when we needed it. A Blog post by a fellow RV'er reminded me of some of the many times a stranger has come to our rescue.

We always remember these random acts of kindness! We were once in Guadalajara, Mexico. The RV park was a ways out of town and we ventured downtown in the Honda. In the city centre there was a huge underground parking lot with many exits. We knew the street we were on would lead us back to the RV park and checked out the exit from the parking lot that we needed to use to get back onto it. Well, when it came time to leave an attendant directed us to another exit and before we knew it we were hopelessly lost in the second largest city in Mexico! I was driving slowly in very heavy traffic while we both desperately looked for street signs and tried to find ourselves on the map when a young man with a child in an SUV pulled alongside and asked if we were lost. We told him we were and he asked where we wanted to go. We gave him the name of the RV park and the highway it was on, he thought for a couple of seconds, turned on his flashers and said, "You are going the wrong way, follow me"!

He pulled in front of us and led us through heavy traffic from one side of Guadalajara to the other, a trip that took at least thirty minutes. He finally pulled over at the highway that the RV park was on. I got out, thanked him very much and told him I now knew where I was. I reached for some money to give him but he refused saying his mother lives nearby and it was time they visited her. We shook hands and he was on his way. 

This was not the first time this has happened to us in Mexico. Another time a city bus driver in Villahermosa went about six blocks off his route to lead us and the motorhome to a highway entrance after we simply could not understand his rapid instructions in Spanish and he was concerned we were heading for some very narrow, busy streets. He took us to where we needed to be and left before we could thank him or tip him. His bus was full of university students and they were all snapping photos and yelling at us, "I speak English", "We love Canada", "Come ride with us". They were the highlight of our day and we of theirs!  Random, unexpected acts of kindness!



8 comments:

  1. Love itπŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this so much! It reminds me of something I should post......I must look for it, as it's an example of the heart of Mexico. Viva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any opportunity I can seize to offer help when it is least expected I do so... I also expect nothing in return. As they say Karma's a bitch and I want here on my side...

    ReplyDelete
  4. While moving from Puerto Escondido to Patzcuaro in our old van, we broke down twice. Both times we were rescued by passing strangers. The stories are too long to go into detail, but in both cases the good Samaritans went above and beyond. Those are just two of the many times we were helped by the people of Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a similar experience trying to get through Guadalajara many years ago. I was on the wrong road and even going the wrong way! I pulled up to a taxi and asked if he could lead me to the freeway. Not only did he do that but he drove me to the exit to Guanajuato! When we got there, I jumped out of my car on the side of the road with 500 pesos in hand and he refused and smiled. There are so many examples of this in Mexico that I could write a blog about it! ha......like the guy who saved my life when my arm was severed! Sheesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arm severed!! Now THAT is a story I have to hear!

      We learned the taxi trick early on. When we got confused or lost, Norma would jump into a cab and I would follow. Her job was to make sure he did not get too far ahead of me and to pay him. It worked every time and cabs are so cheap in Mexico it was always a negligible expense.

      Delete
  6. Do you need to increase your credit score?
    Do you intend to upgrade your school grade?
    Do you want to hack your cheating spouse Email, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram or any social network?
    Do you need any information concerning any database.
    Do you need to retrieve deleted files?
    Do you need to clear your criminal records or DMV?
    Do you want to remove any site or link from any blog?
    you should contact this hacker, he is reliable and good at the hack jobs..
    contact : cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete