Saturday, September 17, 2022

It Finally Got Me!

 On Monday I started feeling poorly. Headache, bad cough, sore throat and generally hurting all over. I suspected Covid but put that thought aside. Tuesday I spent in denial but stayed away from people and Wednesday morning I tested myself. POSITIVE. Crap! I called the government hotline to turm myself in and after I answered a few questions he told me that I must isolate for five days and if I felt "better" on the sixth day, I could go back to my regular activities. However I will be even more cautious and will stay in isolation until I test negative. I tested positive again yesterday and will test again tomorrow.

It has not been a huge problem, I feel fine, it is affecting me no worse than a mild/medium cold. I ordered groceries online and did a contact free curbside pickup yesterday. Tylenol keeps the headache at bay and other than that, I am fine.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you got IT. Stupid covid. But I'm glad your symptoms are pretty mild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie, it is one more of the things we don't think of when we lose a spouse, having to face illness alone. No matter how often and politely we ask for a cup of coffee, it doesn't materialize!

      Delete
  2. Croft, sorry to hear that you got the virus and have to self-serve. Jan and I got it in April, both at the same time. Like you mild to medium symptoms. Hope you get over it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you got it but so thankful everyone is getting Omicron instead of that nasty Delta. Your description is pretty much what everyone says now. I have not heard how it affects those who aren't vaccinated. I hear it's worse but the death rate even then is very low.

    Covid is not the death sentence it started as nor is it anything to be fearful of if you have been vaccinated. I recently took the 3rd booster (5th shot) which targets the BA.4 and BA.5 variants.

    I still want to keep my brother from getting it. He got lymphoma from Agent Orange/Vietnam so although he's been vaccinated he's not as safe as people who aren't immunocompromised.

    Stiff upper lip Croft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear you are fully vaxxed Don. The 5th shot is just becoming available up here but I am told that since I have just had covid I will have to wait a couple of weeks before I can have it. I tested positive again today and called the hotline. They say the positive result is "stuff" left in my system and nothing to be concerned about and that I am no longer considered to be any more infectious than anyone else. They recommend wearing a mask in public which I will do and I will continue testing every two days until I get a negative result.

      Delete
    2. My doctor told me that virtually every hospitalized Covid patient on Vancouver Island is unvaccinated. Every one.

      Delete
  4. Wishing you a speedy recovery! I hope you will be well and able to enjoy some new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The responsible things to do. Too bad so many were irresponsible (and downright moronic) refusing to wear masks and getting vaccinated all along.

    ReplyDelete