Monday, April 17, 2023

A Great El Paso Steakhouse

 Memories from The Road.

There are many steakhouses in Texas but this one is special for one good reason. The Cattleman's Steakhouse is located a few miles outside of El Paso, TX on the grounds of an old ranch that was once used as a movie shooting location. The food is great and the servings Texas sized! It is not cheap but more on that below.

If you show up in your RV you are welcome to boondock in their parking lot for the night for free! So if you want a bottle of wine with your meal, no problem, they have you covered! When we were there there was even an electrical outlet right beside us which security gave us permission to use. Only 15 amp so forget about air conditioning but enough to run a fan or to make a pot of coffee which is what we did. So what you save on an RV park for the night will pay for one of your meals, a win - win situation with fine dining at half price.

When we first started stopping at The Cattleman's they served a delicious shark steak which I ordered every time we were there. Norma always had the rib eye steak and always took 2/3 of it back to the rig for her next two days meals. The last time we were there I was shocked to see they had taken the shark steak off the menu! I asked why and they said they simply did not sell enough of it to make it worthwhile to keep a stock. Too bad! I would have ordered more if I had known. It was addictive but luckily there were more selections for me the non meat eater.

Sunset at Indian Cliffs Ranch

9 comments:

  1. Always glad to see you post, miss reading about your trips to southern Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss being able to write about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unreal Croft! Yesterday morning I was watching a video about border towns in west Texas. I had worked in Fabens and Esperanza and they were in the video. I told Juan we should visit there because they have some very cool 40s and 50s mobile homes obviously in good condition because of the dry heat. Too scary. Good to know this place exists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me great effort to sign into Blogger and whenever I do abything, it sons me out and won't let me back in. This is a test

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love shark steak. Nice that a steak house had other offerings that you could enjoy.
    Contessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And free boondocking to boot! We always looked forward to our stops in El Paso!

      Delete
  6. Amazing you’re still alive after all those vaccines you took Croft! make sure you do your part and stay up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see a little post from you

    ReplyDelete