Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Merida To Campeche

We got a little more sleep this morning after the Caravan left at seven or so. I made one last trip to Chiles Restaurant to send a Blog Post, check my email and say goodbye to the waitress who has been so nice to me. I gave her the Blog address so maybe she will watch our journey as well.

The road from Merida to Campeche is a nice free road with a very wide shoulder most of the way. We stopped at a Pemex for gas and since it had a huge parking lot, went for lunch in the adjoining restaurant.

We found the Nautica RV Park that is actually part of a huge waterfront complex with a restaurant (not open in the winter). It has WIFI in the clubhouse, showers and a steam room. We booked for five nights at $250 Pesos per night.

Our parking space is very exposed and there is a strong wind blowing off the water tonight. We found the StarChoice signal easily but I had to use rope to tie the tripod down to the car dolly. I would not be surprised if it blows out of alignment tonight.

Taken from in front of our RV:

blog1

A visiting Armadillo

armadillo

No comments:

Post a Comment