Saturday, March 3, 2012

That Was Easy!

I got tired of listening to the water pump struggle to pressurize the system so I threw caution to the wind and replaced the pump. Four screws to hold it down, two screw on water fittings, two wire splices and it was done. I did not have a new strainer so I reused the old one. It was spotless anyway. It now pressurizes instantly and shuts off as soon as the tap is closed. it is also much quieter.

I am always just a little cautious in Mexico when I have to tear something apart. Back home I always have the fallback position of taking it in to an RV shop if I screw up but in Mexico that is not an option. If something goes wrong down here you fix it yourself or hope a smart neighbor moves in.

We now have good as new water flow, no leaks, Norma is happy and Life Is Good!
DSC_5765

10 comments:

  1. Did you carry a spare, or where you able to pick one up someplace?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought a spare a couple of years ago in the USA. RV parts are impossible to get here in Mexico. I also have a spare white water hose and two spare sewer hoses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What, you couldn't fix it with black tape and zap straps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to fix it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am almost out of black tape and zap straps Rod. get someone at home to email me some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shurflo??? Normally very reliable for many years. Actually just bought my first A/C version of a Shurflo pump - next Blog entry ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup! 12 volt Shurflo. I don't know why it packed it in so early.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shurflo has the best customer service going. Our 15 year old pump started leaking last year in Nova Scotia and they sent the seals necessary to repair it...no charge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK Croft, you're the new 'go to RV fixer upper guy' for pump replacements on the west coast (or perhaps just Vancouver Island). Nice work of that....and good on you to have thought about buying a spare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to happen sometime. Colin says we need to tow a trailer for all the spare parts we have to carry:)

    ReplyDelete