Sunday, October 30, 2022

Battery Maintenance, Etc

 It has been a long time since I checked the water levels in my four six volt golf cart batteries that power the systems in the motorhome. The water levels should be checked at least every six months and to understate the matter, they had not. Luckily the water was not low enough to expose the plates but was almost there. They took almost half a gallon of distilled water between the four of them so that's how low they were. I topped them off and started the generator to exercise it and started my timer for an hour and a half. I got away with it this time.

In other news, there really isn't any. I am doing fine and staying healthy except for a brief cold that resulted in the worst sore throat I can ever remember having. It was over in only a couple of days and I covid tested before, during and after and all tests were negative so that's what it was, a cold.

I got an invitation to come in for my fifth covid vaccine but had read somewhere that we have to wait before getting a vaccine if we have had covid which I have had. Exactly how long this period should be wildly varies depending on which "expert" you talk to. I have been told everything from five days to six months and no two authorities seem to agree. I will probably wait three months so from my last day of covid, that makes it December 24 which realistically makes it early January.

I am watching as my RVing friends start their trips south and somehow feel left out. One part of me wants to resume the adventure while the other part of me says I don't want to do it by myself and that part seems to be speaking the loudest right now. I may think differently by next year. Time will tell...

5 comments:

  1. Come on down. I'll be checking on a 55+ (you are old enough?) full hookups park in Q for next year. More than one way to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fun Paula! We will keep in touch. Yes, I am old enough! LOL

      Delete
  2. I read a lot and follow many epidemiologists, the most common answer for when to get your vaccine is three months. So it looks like you picked accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 34 year old daughter got what she thought was Covid and took home tests 3 days in a row that came out negative. then she went and got a PCR and it was positive. Not sure if you did at home but I've realized those probably aren't as accurate as we would hope. I'm 5 shots in and so far I am quite sure I haven't gotten it.

    Btw, my wife Betty is now in a group home with dementia and is unable to walk anymore. I figured since you met her you would be interested.

    One of my brothers just moved him motorhome down to Q. He's got it almost completely running on solar. If you ever do make it there his name is Dale and he usually camps just north of the Magic Circle. I'm not sure if he's one of them (I don't really care) but that's usually where he is.

    Hope you figure out what to do this Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God Don! That is such sad news about Betty, I am so sorry! We enjoyed the couple of hours we got to spend with the two of you in Mesa. I have not been checking responses to my Blog and I missed this. You are the second friend this has happened to recently. I hope you are making out OK, it is a huge change living by yourself!

    ReplyDelete