Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kiva Revisited

I Blogged about Kiva some time ago when I joined it. You can read that Blog here. I now have a total of eight outstanding $25 loans. Not much in the overall scope of things but enough to make a small difference in several lives.

This morning I was reading Michael Dickson's extremely entertaining Blog and read that he had established a Kiva "Team" in the name of his son, Ian Lee. I am now a proud member of that "Team".

I can't say enough about the efforts of Kiva. You make tiny, "Micro" loans to entrepreneurs in Developing Countries through PayPal who have waived their fees as their contribution to the effort. You get to pick the people you loan to and after these interest free loans are repaid, you can either take your money out or re-loan it. It is a great program.

No comments:

Post a Comment