Thursday, May 14, 2009

Eagle Sighting

As I was getting ready to leave yesterday morning I noticed four eagles in a tree beside the house. It was a nesting pair and their two young. The parents were watching out while the young ones were playing around. One would land on a branch and the other would try to land beside him. knocking both of them down to a lower branch. This went on for some time and I managed to find time to grab my camera for a couple of shots. They were very active and there were many branches to confuse the focusing.

I looked on the bank behind the house for a nest but found none. They must have been just visiting.

BTW: These photos were taken with my new Nikon 70 - 300 mm lens that I bought on eBay to replace the 70 - 210 that I lost in Palanque, MX. So far the lens is performing flawlessly and producing good shots. However I am finding I cannot hold the camera as steady as I once could and the high magnification amplifies any shake so I will have to start using my tripod more. A concession to being 64!

One of the adults:

eagleblog1

One of the young:

eagleblog2

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so exciting! Great photos, thanks so much for sharing, you made my day.

    ReplyDelete