Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Market Day

Tuesday is Market Day in Villa Corona. One street in the Centro is closed to traffic and merchants set up stalls all along the two or three block length. You can buy everything from fresh produce to clothing to illegally copied DVD movies.

I bought a leather belt that I had been looking for for a mere $110 pesos. The last time I saw one like it they wanted $450 pesos! We stocked up on produce and eggs and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the Market.

DSC_8835 DSC_8836 DSC_8839 DSC_8837

The tarps hung over the walkway are hung about 5 1/2 to 6 feet off the ground. Tons of room for the locals but I am forced to walk stooped over all the time. These markets are hard on the back!

This may be the last posting for a couple of days as we make our way to San Miguel de Allende. I will post when I can. Thanks for staying with us on our Mexican adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment