Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Be Calm! Trust Nate Silver

I feel like a jerk! I signed up on Obama's supporter list to get campaign emails. Recently I got an email asking for my address and they would send me a list of ten neighbors who had indicated support. It would be my job to call these people and to make sure they voted, even if it meant driving them to the polls. Of course I couldn't because I am in Canada. I did not answer the email.

Now I just got another email asking if I would take the names of only three neighbors and do the same! Sorry Mr. President, I would if I could!

12 comments:

  1. Four years ago, I made a bet that Obama would not be reelected. I have never been so happy about losing a bet before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Croft even if you cannot vote. Canadian sensibility helps ease our minds down here where way too many voter are brainwashed zombies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. I always hope I have made just one person think about this election and maybe decide to get out and vote for Obama.

      Delete
  3. I am sure they can arrange a way for you to vote in a neighboring USA State. Send it in. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I am a Canadian. All I can offer is my moral support.

      Delete
  4. It's a good thing you are in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing to see just how accurate Nate Silver was. Great result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry, Croft. I've been receiving those emails for five plus years now and ignore most of them, because there's just way, way, way too much focus on the handful of battleground states. I'm delighted Obama won, but I strongly feel each state should split its electoral votes like Maine and Nebraska do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't see why Canadians shouldn't vote for the U.S. president; we might even get improved public health care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAVE A SAFE TRIP, REALLY ENJOY FOLLOWING YOU AND NORMA, WE WILL BE IN ZIHUATANEJO, 12/10- 4/30, MAYBE WE WILL SEE YOU IN MEXICO,CANTINERO 46,

    ReplyDelete