Thursday, August 25, 2016

Back To Normal

Our friend from Arizona has left for sunnier climes! I drove her down to Victoria to catch the boat to Seattle and the last we heard was that her flight to Phoenix had been diverted to Las Vegas because of weather. I hope she got home and did not get swallowed up by a slot machine on the way!

We were enjoying the peace and quiet until this morning at about 4:00 AM when I was awakened by loud voices nearby. I laid there in the dark trying to decide if it were kids at a beach party and if I should call 911 as they were quite loud and I heard what I thought was a chain saw. I finally got up to look as the sun came up and there were flashing lights and a flag person in the street. I dressed and walked down thinking there might be a broken water line or an accident and discovered a city crew wrapping up after a job. I asked them what they were doing and he pointed proudly to a freshly painted crosswalk. "All freshly painted for you", he said. "At 5 in the morning!", said I. "If we do it in the daytime, drivers complain and if we do it at night, you sleepers complain. This is the City's attempt at a compromise", he answered.

So now I am wide awake. I may as well do a Blog.

4 comments:

  1. "you sleepers" and " This is the City's attempt at a compromise"! LOL I do have to admire their efforts, but I would have done it around 10 or 11PM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they had of kept their voices down I probably would have slept through it. The "chain saw" noise I heard was their spray paint machine.

      Delete
  2. Hey at least they got it done, Hope Paula and your guys had a nice vist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had fun! Norma had one of her old political pals here for one night so Paula got a dose of heavy duty Canadian politics!

      Delete