Thursday, August 11, 2016

Croft The Painter

I was looking for something to do this morning but didn't want to ask Norma because she would think up something I didn't want to do. My eyes settled on a section of siding under the south kitchen window that was scratched up quite badly. Only the bottom four aluminum "boards" are damaged, the ones higher than that are fine, they are too high to lean anything against. I already had the paint, brush and roller out from when I painted the new siding at the back.

The sun was on it and it was way too hot so I washed it down and waited until the sun moved behind a tree. It didn't take long although the roller did not have long enough pile on it so I had to work to paint the many small dents.

In the end it looked really good which got me thinking I could do the bottom four boards on the front of the house. I will have to pull Norma's rose bushes away from the house but that won't be too difficult.

I will look for a longer pile roller in my painting supplies bin. And if the weather cooperates, who knows...

6 comments:

  1. You keeping busy just puttering around enjoying summer in BC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't matter if your home is on wheels or on a foundation, there is always something to do!

      Delete
  2. What colour will Norma's roses become??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm hearing that music that queues upcoming drama. Pull Norma's rose bushes away, and not too difficult are phrases that should not be in the same sentence. Please don't let Norma do you any serious damage until I get there (so I can laugh...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late! I did behind one rose bush and I have blood dripping into the keyboard as I type this. From the roses, not from Norma. Her comment was, "I think you missed a spot".

      Delete