Saturday, August 6, 2016

Hip Report

As most of you probably guessed, I don't have a broken (dislocated or even injured) hip.
I went to the doctor today, told him my sad tale and what I thought it felt like (dislocated hip). He suppressed his smile and told me that in his experience, if I had a broken or dislocated hip I would be laying on the ground screaming for an ambulance.
He poked, prodded, twisted and bent the area and announced I had bursitis! I am officially OLD! I asked him what I could do and he said he would prescribe an anti-inflammatory. I told him I did not want to take a chance of ruining it for my travel medical insurance so he said to take twice the recommended dose of over the counter 220 mg Aleve for ten days and that should take care of it. So, I am good as gold and ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully the Aleve will do the job. A broken hip would have been the worst case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good coverup hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete