Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Beautiful Day - At Last

Today is beautiful and sunny! It is 59F outside so Norma has all the doors and windows open. I went shopping for a couple of things while she washed the floor and I was able to just wear jeans and a t-shirt. There is a pot luck tonight where they have the big screen showing the Super Bowl.

I was having trouble with the 89 Honda refusing to start when my neighbor came over to look. He is retired from Caterpillar and was quick to diagnose the problem (or at least one of the problems). The ignition wires were dirty and oily and had never been changed  in 260,000 KM. I went downtown, bought new cables for $24 and installed them. It started right up and ran smoothly. I hope the problem is fixed! The car is very old and not worth putting much money into but I have to keep it running at least until we get home.

2 comments:

  1. Are you serious? Over 200k km and haven't paid that much attention to the car? Damn! THAT isn't a car, it's a take-for-granted POS. You've really got to take care of some of the mechanical things in your world.

    Or, when they take over the world they will eat you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don, haven't you heard? Hondas just keep on going and going....

    ReplyDelete