Sunday, January 8, 2017

Off To Algodones

Tomorrow morning we will head off to the dentist in Algodones, Mexico. I am actually quite nervous about this visit because I do not know what the end result will be. I interrupted my treatment two years ago when the dental office raised the price substantially between treatments. They removed several old bridges and pulled some teeth and did some bone grafts in preparation for some implants. When I returned the next winter to have the job completed they told me my mouth had changed and the old plan would no longer work. The new plan would be several thousand more. I told them I wanted to think about it and since I was having no problem eating with the teeth I had left and was having no pain, I did not go back.About a month ago I lost three teeth over a short period of time. They did not fall out but rather broke off at the gumline. Clearly something has to be done.

A friend from Port Hardy had work done by a different dentist in Algodones who she likes so I have an appointment with this new dentist to pull what is left of the three teeth and to discuss my options for further treatment. I do not want dentures but that may be the logical solution. It all depends on price and her opinion of my best option. I am not looking forward to this trip.

On the fun side, our friends Bill and Dee are going with us! We are staying in a hotel right in Algodones while Bill, Dee and Doug The Pug are staying in their camper in the parking lot on the US side. We will be enjoying a few fish tacos and margaritas on Monday. My appointment is Tuesday morning.

6 comments:

  1. Take some pictures of where you are and also some of you and Norma so everyone can see you. My mother always said that if you can't see where someone is you can't imagine them. Good thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading about your treatment and the cost of it all. I need some work done as well and I think next winter may be the time to get that done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be looking forward to it either... best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you must be staying at the Hacienda?

    ReplyDelete