Thursday, January 12, 2017

Test Driving My New Teeth

They test fit, adjusted, fit again, adjusted again and eventually cemented in my new teeth. They then took even more impressions, saying they were for the two partial plates, I am not sold on these partial plates. One has only one tooth on it to replace the missing right eye tooth that for some reason could not be included in the bridge up there. The other is to give me chewing molars on the lower right side.

I have not had any chewing surface back there for two years now and have been managing quite well without them. I hate the feeling of the huge chunk of plastic in my mouth and seriously doubt I will be using these very often. The other one tooth partial is, I am sure, purely cosmetic. Norma says no, it is to keep the shape of my mouth and jaw. I will have that conversation with them at the final fitting tomorrow.

Anyway! I have all the rest of my teeth cemented in and functioning. To celebrate we stopped at the hotel restaurant on the way back and I ordered cheese enchiladas. They work! I can eat! The larger bridge on the left is a little sensitive to pressure right now but that will soon disappear as the area is still recovering from Tuesday's root canals,

Anyway, so far I am very happy! They feel good, work good and look good! The jury is still out on whether the partials will get used. In any case, we will be back at the motorhome in Hope, AZ tomorrow.


12 comments:

  1. Glad you're happy with your teeth Croft.

    I'm still exceedingly happy with my implant supported upper. It looks excellent and works just like my real teeth did. But you are very correct that it saved you money to do what you did.

    I have read various reviews of Sani where people didn't like them for one reason or another but the good reviews far outweighed the bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a positive experience with Sani and that is great, Don. Many others have as well. Yes, I researched and talked to a friend who had some work done by Quintero and highly recommended them. I am very pleased with Quintero as well.

      Delete
    2. Sure. There are a lot of good dentists there. my brothers and sister go to a different one than both of us and are very happy. I think it's much more common to have a positive experience in Algodones than bad.

      Delete
  2. Of you don't eat steak, you don't need those partials...... :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Contessa! And I don't eat steak.

      Delete
  3. Croft, Norma is right, and also, the plates keep other teeth from shifting over time. My husband, Beach, has a lower plate for molars and has had it for a lot of years. His compromise is to take the plate out before he eats and put it in his pocket. After eating, he adjourns to the restroom to wash his hands and rinse out his mouth and reinsert the plate. Our dentist says that taking it out to eat does no harm, but otherwise, you need to get use to it to prevent shifting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm shocked you could eat so quickly after! Glad it's working out well. Norma is likely right. My mother has been going through similar dental issues and maintaining the structural integrity of the mouth is just as important as the cosmetic part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually told me to go out and eat and pretty much told me what to eat.

      Delete
  5. Just got caught up with the numerous blogs you posted recently. WOW! You have been through the wringer - financially and painfully! We hope you are healing quickly and that those teeth will serve you well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good and glad it's working out. You´ll get used to the plastic. I have a small one on my lower right jaw. I have no bone there for an implant and it anchors to one tooth. I´ve had it for eight years and it works great. I don´t even know it´s there until I take it out at night. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The partials help keep you teeth from moving around, make chewing you food more efficiently therefore better digestion . Hope you use them.

    ReplyDelete