Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Shopping Night

I had my list but I was putting off going to the grocery store, No reason, I just had enough of everything for a few more days.

Then Brooks called to tell me that the Government cheques arrived today and every laid off worker had three or four thousand dollars in their pocket and would be grocery shopping! I checked Google Maps and saw that my local big grocery store (Save-On Foods) was only about 25% busy. It was not going to get any better than that so I headed down with only 50 minutes until the store closed.

Well, there were only about ten other customers in the store and they had everything I needed out on the shelves! They even had toilet paper and it was on sale! Many of the items I bought were on sale. There were signs saying the number of some items "may" be limited but the only thing that actually was limited were eggs (one dozen).  I was quickly through the till with everyone giving everyone else a lot of room. It was one of my largest grocery shops in the last year at $195 but I am stocked up on everything I will need for a while including cleaning supplies.

Cartoon Caucasian Man Grocery Shopping for Superbowl Sunday World ...

5 comments:

  1. Smart taking advantage of well stocked shelves.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the isolation.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was unexpected. I figured that late in the day the shelves would be stripped, specially after the relief cheques were delivered. A week and a half ago the canned vegetable shelves were bare and there was no pasta or sause. Last night they had everything I need.

      Delete
  2. I'm eating the food that has been sitti g around in my motorhome. Corned beef hash for breakfast, took three mornings to finish off the can. No idea who have it to me, I wouldn't have bought it. A can of Lea's of equally dubious origin is on the menu later. I discovered that humus that I bought at Costco last month in the individual packs makes a good substitute for mayonnaise on the sandwiches made with chicken frozen from the Costco rotisserie one I got the same trip. Bread is available locally and I got 2 large jars of peanut butter that same run. Not gourmet but I'm surviving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been eating my way through Norma's pantry, she was prepared for a disaster! I should have gotten into it earlier as I am running into the odd outdated package. Depending on what it is, I either eat it or toss it. Luckily, most of it is still before the Best By date but I have to eat it. I should re-sort everything by expiry date rather than by product.

      Delete