Monday, November 24, 2014

Cleaning Day

Norma talked to the office here at Desert Oasis and they recommended WatMex, one of the local wash/wax services so Norma booked them for this morning. At five to nine a truck with trailer and six guys pulled up. They quickly got their supplies out of the trailer and hooked into their own purified water tank. Two guys got on the roof and started working while the other four started on the outside. They asked me to let down the awning and started scrubbing that as well.

They all worked hard for just over one hour. They washed it, dried it with a gas blower and then hand waxed it with two guys applying the wax with rotary buffers and the other four working with lint free rags to polish.

They soon came to get us (we were next door having a coffee on Brian and Karen's patio). Carlos walked us around the rig showing us the job they did, twice calling one of the guys to add some wax. The bill was $182 US. Six guys and all the equipment and supplies for about an hour and fifteen minutes. Not bad and they did an excellent job. I will try to motivate myself to add a little more wax sometime over the winter.

Waxing the cap:


Brian checking the job:

Norma counting out her money:

10 comments:

  1. Seems like you were more pleased when you were paying a couple of Mexicans five hundred pesos. I know I would be!

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya - I was thinking 'ouch' but looks like Norma was happy. Guess it's all relative - so what would that be with the exchange rate? Definitely an ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleaning and waxing our camper takes my wife and me about two days of strenuous labor, so it is certainly relative. We've decided we are too old to do the job, especially crawling up and down a ladder and buffing. So, to our way of thinking, paying six guys $182 is way worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got seven man hours of very strenuous work out of that crew. They supplied everything, even the purified water they used. In Mexico, yes, it was cheaper but we supplied everything including the rags they used and rarely did they spend seven hours working. I also have to say, this is a better job. It is all relative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, rig cleaning? That happened at our spot today too. Only difference? I did the washing and cleaning. But our rig looks nice and clean now too.....and ready to receive you two for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you got a good deal and it seems that everyone was happy. Wish I could find a crew with that much energy for the price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure it looks awesome. So nice to get it done. I am hoping to get at our coach in the next day or two.
    Enjoy the wonderful weather there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just might go for a deal like that while we're in Palm Springs this year. Sure is a lot easier on the back.

    ReplyDelete