Friday, May 22, 2015

Motorhome Engine Battery

When I tried to start the motorhome yesterday to move it from the driveway to it's summer parking spot beside the workshop, it would not start. Just a series of "clicks" was all I got. I put the charger on it all day and last night it started fine but it was too dark to move the rig. This morning I got another series of clicks. The battery is toast. I checked back to see when we bought it and it was February, 2011 in Florida. Four and a bit years. Not bad I guess.

I called around town for a replacement and found a DieHard at Kal Tire for $137 plus tax. I took the old battery down and exchanged it for a nice, shiny new black one. I installed it and the motorhome started!

I parked it and Norma took the pressure washer to the front of it. I then plugged it in and hooked up the StarChoice cables. It will be available for deluxe overnight accommodations for summer visitors.

Les, come on up. We have a fish and chips date and your bed is made.

That is it! That is all the exciting things we have been doing! It is going to be a long, hot summer! Come visit us!

9 comments:

  1. that is a big fat YES!!!!!!!! What more could a guy ask for..NO I am not paying for the battery!!!!! Cheers Les

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Les, because of the expense of the battery we will have to increase the rent. It will now be double the free rate you enjoyed last time. ;)

      Delete
  2. Well Les, if they are the same fish and chips we had in Campbell River, you're gonna love 'em. Remember that burning sensation on my knee during that meal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the ones! Dick's Fish and Chips!

      Delete
  3. Don't yell that invite too loud, or come late August you may see me knocking on your door when 110* is more than I can take anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm sounds like an open invitation, we just might have to take you up on that early this fall, but we will bring our own house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh. You guys actually INVITE people to your house?
    I'm the complete opposite. "No Trespassing" is the rule of the day around our humble abode... And my favorite sign in our yard says "Children left unattended will be TOWED AWAY at owners expense" !! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy the odd bit of company. However, come prepared to help Norma with her weeding. Or deer chasing. ;)

      Speaking of deer, where are they. Haven't seen any yet this year.

      Delete