Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Early Christmas Gift For Myself

Several years ago (decades actually) Brooks bought us a 42" Plasma TV, state of the art for it's time, As I recall it was around $1,000. It served me well and had the added feature of being able to heat the bottom room as that thing put out a LOT of heat!
But over time it started to seem a little fuzzy and I became envious of the larger size screens available so I have been watching. I finally found one at Canadian Tire's Black Friday Sale, a 58" "Smart" 4K Chinese brand for $365. too good a deal to pass up. I did a quick search for reviews on line and determined it was worth buying. If I didn't like it I could always return it.
Well, I like it. If it was set up beside one of the better known ($$$) brands it might be a little inferior but for my 74 year old eyes it is just fine and it is 1/3 the price of the better known brands. I am happy!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy! I need a bigger TV for sure, ha. I think mine is 32" and I bought it second hand
    for $50USD eons ago. But, I sure don't have any place for 56 inches........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deal Croft!

    The funny thing about the 4K TVs is you can't really tell the difference between that and a 1080P unless you are very close. For a 58" it's something like 3 feet.

    Regardless the 4K TVs just look better even if your eyes can't really tell the difference.

    $365 for a 58" Smart TV is a very good price. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don, with my old eyes in need of cataract surgery I can't tell the difference at any distance! I nay as well save the money! I am on a 6 month wait list for surgery - should be in April or May.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure it will only look better when you get your eyes fixed. And can you use the plasma in the motorhome to keep you warm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would certainly keep it warm but it is just too big and heavy.

      Delete