Sunday, December 27, 2020

Salmon Dinner!

Well, I tackled Norma's Baked Sockeye creation and must admit it came out very close to hers. I bought a large Sockeye fillet at Crabby Bob's down on the dock and cut it in half. Rather than make the stuffing from scratch like Norma always prided herself in doing, I took a friend's advice and bought the Butterball Frozen stuffing to which I added a finely chopped onion, a chopped celery stalk, some vegetable stock and a quarter pound of butter.

I cooked it in the convection oven in the motorhome but it took about twice as long as I expected, probably because It was wrapped in two layers of aluminum foil and it had been in the fridge. Anyway, aside from having to reheat the vegetables in the microwave, everything was perfect!

My fellow widower friend Brian came over to share the meal and brought a bottle of the Signature wine from Dr. Bonnie Henry's Keromeos BC Winery which tied everything nicely together. A perfect dinner that Norma would have (perhaps begrudgingly) congratulated me on!




7 comments:

  1. Oh my that looks delicious! I'll have to try this - although given I'm in Mexico I'm sure I'll need to make the stuffing. Wishing you a very Happy New Year! May it bring good things to all of us! Barbara Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meal looks delicious. Amazing what we learn to do when facing challenges.
    Hope you had an Enjoyable Christmas Day.
    Have a Safe and Happy New Year.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That idea of two filets is pretty cool. I may have to try that sometime. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete