Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chichen Itza to Merida

We packed up and got away from Chichen Itza around eleven this morning after a failed attempt to find an Internet connection. I walked over to the little Internet Cafe across the street to see if they had WIFI. The waiter assured me they did so I ordered a coffee and fired up the laptop. It needed a password so I asked the waiter but it appeared that nobody knew the password. He finally came up with a code that did not work. It had 11 digits where what is required is a Hexadecimal number containing 10 digits. He searched some more and found another number that did not work. He then made a phone call and we got the right password. I showed a good connection but no Internet! He made another phone call and a young man who spoke English came in to tell me the Internet was down in the city. This took almost an hour and two cups of Cafe Americanos.

We finally got onto the cuota to Merida and with only one stop to pay a $185 Peso toll, we arrived in Merida and found the RV Park. There was nobody in the oficina so we chose one of the only shaded spots and hooked up. There is a caravan in right now so the power is very low. We cannot even run the AC on low and it is very hot and humid here. My indoor/outdoor thermometer reads 34 outside and 33 inside! There is no Internet here either but there is a large mall down the street that will have an Italian Coffee Company with free WIFI. I will walk down there later. In the meantime, I need a shower. Hot or cold, I don’t care.

After my shower, a pickup pulled in and there were fellow Bloggers, Jonna and Mimi! They could not stay long but we will see more of them before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment