Monday, September 16, 2013

External Hard Drive On Sale

For any of you Canadians who want a deal on a 3TB Samsung external hard drive, Newegg.ca has a "Shell Shocker" sale on them for today (Monday) only. They are on for $109.99 plus $6.99 shipping ($169.99 Reg). That is under $40 per TB, a real deal. The case is Samsung but the drive is a Seagate.

I have a 1TB drive that is almost full of photos and music so I needed more space. The 1.5TB drive in the motorhome will come in and go beside Norma's computer, the 1TB rubber enclosed drive that is on my desk will go into the motorhome after the data is copied onto the new 3TB that will stay with my desktop. A total of 5.5TB of storage! Wow!


4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a really good deal! I bought a 1TB drive in 2009 for about $150. The following year, I bought a 2TB drive for about $125. So that's $375 for 3TB!

    I have another 500GB external drive and my computer has a 500GB drive and nothing is at more than 50% capacity, with the 2TB drive being almost empty, so I probably have enough storage to last a lifetime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is photos that are my problem. I snap away and am very bad at editing my high resolution photos down to a reasonable number. Add to that the over 250GB of music I have downloaded and copied from my own CD's and multiple backups of each of four computers, I need a lot of storage. But like you, 5.5TB will probably do me for the rest of my life.

      I have been downloading a lot of old movies recently which take a lot of room but I burn them onto DVD's and then delete the files.

      Delete
  2. That is one heck of a good deal. thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, Croft, are you planning to monitor and record all blog postings with your monster storage capacity? Maybe a mini-NSA operation?

    ReplyDelete