Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Rainy Drive Home

We left Brooks and LindaLee's at about eight thirty yesterday morning and stopped at the little coffee shop in Shawnigan Lake where LindaLee has been working. It was busy but we had time for a chat and then we were on our way. It was raining pretty hard by then and the rain continued falling hard all the way to Parksville.

We got home at 1:00 PM and all was well. No deer had found their way in so Norma's flower garden survived her absence.

Today I will climb under the motorhome and run power from the inverter to the rear TV and satellite receiver. I no longer fit under the motorhome ;) so I will have to back it up on blocks. I also have to cut two holes under the dinette seat for cooling and add vent covers. Then I can put all the seats back together and make Norma happy.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll be lying down on the job....but what a job to have to do. I'm sure the result will be rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my back tells me all about it for a couple of days when I do stuff like this! I got the power in and tie-wrapped down when I remembered I still had to run wire for the remote inverter switch that has to mount on the wall beside the bed! I will have to back under there! Oh Well, Rome wasn't built in a day either!

      Delete
  2. Wish I had your talent Croft! A gazillion things I want to do to the rv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks to hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of courses paid for by BC Tel, I now know the difference between positive and negative (or hot and neutral). ;)

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you made it home safely even if it was a little wet. Good luck with the inverter job, hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you had a different RV you could raise it on the jacks. Much easier. Good luck with the project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you're saying the motorhome has gotten lower over time? That would be my story and I would stick to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete