Friday, July 15, 2011

Kiva Loan

I just noticed I have a credit in my Kiva account. Someone has paid back a previous loan and the money does no good sitting in my account, it must be loaned out again. I searched through the list of those requesting help and found Mary.

Mary is a 38 year old woman in Cusco, Peru. She has four children who she is supporting by operating a tiny grocery store out of her house. She sells the basics plus snacks and cookies. Her store is open from 6:00am until 10:00pm (that is a 16 hour day)! The loan is to purchase more stock for her store so she can increase profits.

I have added a "clicky" to the Kiva ad on the right hand side of this page. Clicking it will take you to a registration page. If you want to sign up to help some of these folks, this is a good place to do it. I will get credit for bringing in a new member which gives me nothing except bragging rights. Here is Mary with the rest of her Kiva Group:

1 comment: