Thursday, February 4, 2010

It Is Nice Here In Chetumal

The weather has been good here. It is humid and the clouds roll in in the evenings sometimes bringing the odd spatter of warm rain, but compared to the rest of Mexico, it is nice with sun most days. I have been watching the weather on the Internet, trying to plan our departure. Cancun is the next stop but the wind has been blowing. In fact my friend Wayne on Isla Mujeres reports the sand blowing off the beaches and onto the roads.

The humidity in Merida, the stop after that, is at 100% right now. Campeche is nice now but rain is forecast and my friend Les in SMA reported 36 hours of non stop rain yesterday. Veracruz, also on the way home, is also threatening rain!

We are into the curling from Canada and that goes on into the weekend. There is a very nice pool here and we are only paying $300 pesos a night ($25 CAN) so I think we will stay put for a while and continue watching the weather and delaying the inevitable return North. Life is Good!

4 comments:

  1. we are only paying $300 pesos a night ($25 CAN)

    Only? It's all in each person's perspective I guess, but that's certainly on the pricey side by our standards. Especially for Mexico.

    Kevin
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two nights ago, I dreamt that I got home from Tofino and you guys had beat me back here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin and Ruth said:
    Only? It's all in each person's perspective I guess, but that's certainly on the pricey side by our standards. Especially for Mexico.

    We cannot all stay for free at Kate's when we are in the Chetumal area, can we?
    Some of us have to pay to keep that Mexican Economy running...
    I am glad that these nice RV-parks exist in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We cannot all stay for free at Kate's when we are in the Chetumal area, can we?

    Actually, yes. Kathe told me that anybody is welcome, for as long as you like.

    Don't take my comment the wrong way. I realize that we all have different economic circumstances. It was just the use of the word "only" that I disagreed with.

    Kevin
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete