Sunday, May 29, 2011

Blogger

Just a quick note to Tim in Seattle who asked a question but did not leave an email address: Setting up a Blog is actually quite easy and totally FREE! Go to Blogger or Wordpress on the Internet and they will guide you through the process step by step. You can be blogging within minutes and the Blog layout you initially set up when you start can be changed later.

I started with Blogger because that was what most or all of the Mexican Bloggers were using. If I was starting over I think I would use Wordpress which might be a little harder to learn but is more stable with fewer outages and little glitches like Blogger is going through right now!

Blogger is having conflicts with Firefox browser when used in some versions of Windows. I can use it normally with my Windows 7 laptop but my desktop Windows XP computer cannot communicate with my Blog or allow me to leave comments on other's Blogs unless I use Internet Explorer or Chrome. I refuse to use either of those but my friend Donna found a workaround by loading the IE Tab add-on and loading Blogs in a fake IE environment. She also had more instructions if this first solution did not work. Luckily for me, it did work. Hopefully they will fix the problem soon as all my Blogging friends are trying to talk me into switching to Wordpress and the learning process would have to start all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment