Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Upgraded Firefox!

I finally upgraded Firefox Browser on our four computers last night. I tried it once shortly after it came out but the interface was so different I panicked and went back to 3.6. I could not find anything I was used to including Bookmarks which I would be lost without.

Recently Firefox started prompting me to upgrade every time I opened it. Fearing they were soon going to stop supporting the old product I thought it was time to revisit the situation. I looked on the Internet and found instructions on how to make 4.0 look like 3.6. Perfect! I did a Ghost image of the laptop so I could go back and did the upgrade. Surprise! The desktop looked almost exactly like my old 3.6. I actually had to check the version number to convince myself I was looking at the new product. There were a couple of small changes I had to make like moving the tabs to the bottom of the menu bars and putting the "reload" button back where I was used to it but other than that the transition was seamless!

Now all I have to do is watch Detroit and San Jose beat each other up in Game Seven so the non-loser can face the Canucks on Sunday night! Life is good! Canucks in six, Les?

6 comments:

  1. I have a loonie saying the Canucks will not make the finals any offers????? Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better keep that loonie where it is handy, Les! You are on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad someone else is 'enjoying' the new Firefox! I guess it does me good to have to change my habits from time to time. Got the new Yahoo mail too just to confuse myself a bit more.

    Good luck with the hockey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to uninstall Firefox 4, and go back to 3.6. Ever since I had upgraded to Firefox 4, all pages were loading so sloooowly.
    For two days I tried so many suggestions, but that is what fixed my problem, I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "They" say 4 is six times faster than 3.6. I do not see that at all! It does not seem to be any faster (or slower) than 3.6 on my machine.

    ReplyDelete