Thursday, March 19, 2015

Joe's Farm Grill

We went out for dinner last night with Shadowmoss and her friend, Retired Rod. Three Bloggers at one table! Joe's Farm Grill is a nice place and is on an actual farm where they grow most of the food they serve. You stand in line, order your food, pay for it and receive a pager that goes off when it is time to pick up your platter. They have both inside and outside seating. It was splattering rain so all the inside seating was taken but we found a table outside under cover. This was perfect as it was warm and there were many children in the inside area and it was quite loud. My imperfect hearing does not function at it's peak when there is ambient noise so this way I could follow the conversation.

Norma had ribs which she had been waiting for, both Rod and Shadowmoss had burgers and I had the grilled tuna sandwich. They did not offer beer or wine so Norma and I had water to drink. It was all very good although the grilled tuna, while good, did not come up to the high standard that my son has set in that department.

Rod was driving and took us on a roundabout route so we could see a bit of the area around Mesa. It was a very enjoyable evening out, something we have seldom done ourselves this year for some reason.

I remembered my camera and a friendly waitress snapped a photo.


9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time, over a good meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Joe's Farm Grill but if you really want some good food go to Joe's Real Barbecue in downtown Gilbert. It's on Gilbert Rd a few miles south of the 60.

    Every time I go to the Phoenix area my daughter (who lives in Gilbert) and my sister (who lives in Mesa) and my brother (who lives in Tempe) all go to Joe's BBQ. We usually have 15 people at least and take up several (large) tables.

    They have a real John Deere tractor inside the restaurant which ads a little ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention it's owned by the same family as Joe's Farm Grill.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Don, I will check their menu. There is no shortage of places to eat around here!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Don, I will check their menu. There is no shortage of places to eat around here!

      Delete
  3. Be careful not to loose your new found girlish figure now that there are lots of restaurants available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys look great. I think you're having a wonderful winter!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Chris. We finally got a winter with some sunshine! On the down side, it is the first winter in a long time we have not seen you and Juan!

      Delete