Sunday, December 6, 2009

Party Night

Here at the Parque Acuatico Chimulco there is a house with  a large yard and a private swimming pool available for rent. This house was rented out Saturday to a family group for a party of some sort. Loud music and very late nights seem to be the norm for such parties and the festivities went on into the wee hours. There was music and Karaoke entertaining us until 4:00 am! Things quietened down then and now, at 11:00 am it is still quiet at the house. It is interesting to watch the Mexican culture at work (or play) but one night was enough. I hope they all have to work tomorrow!

It will be a quiet day for us. We will have a swim and a soak in the hot pool and then read and watch TV. I might find time to check the oil and coolant in the car and motorhome. We have three more days here at the Balneario Chimulco Hot Springs and since usable swimming pools will become hard to find from now on we will have to take full advantage of them while we have the chance!

A new neighbour from Quebec parked beside us and I invited him to hook into our StarChoice dish. He did but soon came over to tell us he did not have a strong enough signal for it to work. I checked the signal strength and it was only 12. It was a wonder I had a picture! I fiddled with it and got it up to 18 which gave him a picture. People brag about getting 45 or 50 but I have seldom been that lucky. 30 is about tops for me and it will work with much less. Well, back to my book….

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like just the kind of day you'd need after the noise of the previous night!

    ReplyDelete