Monday, April 2, 2012

Getting Ready, Part 2

Like I said, we are getting ready to leave in the morning. Evidently part of getting ready is putting out the clothes we are wearing tomorrow. I din't know this because for me, it is a simple process. I open the cupboard above the bed and grab the top pair of shorts and the top t-shirt off their respective piles. No muss, no fuss, an idiot could do it.

Well. I found it is not so simple if you happen to be a woman. Norma's clothes are stashed in many different parts of the bedroom with the majority of them under the bed. She cannot get on her knees to search under the bed right now so she asked me, "Croft, will you go under the bed and grab me my soft blue pants and that nice white and blue blouse that goes with them"? Oh boy! She has at least 479 pairs of pants under there and more than 579 blouses. I know, because I carried them out of the house when we left. Most of them are one shade of blue or another. At least I thought they were blue. I now know they are navy, teal......

Not wanting to seem uncooperative, I went under the bed and after fumbling around a bit, pulled out a nice pair of blue pants. "What are you doing? Those aren't soft. I have a sore leg"! Oh, silly me! Under I go again and after pulling out several more pairs of blue pants, all of which felt soft to me,  I hit on the right pair. Back again for the blouse that "goes with them". Well, maybe it is just me, but I think all of the blouses go with them. After showing her at least twenty white and blue blouses, I finally came up with the one that "went with" the pants. My knees were killing me!

As soon as I sat back down behind the computer I heard The Question. "What are you wearing tomorrow"? I pretended not to hear her.

8 comments:

  1. OMgosh! Hilarious! That sounds exactly like our rig conversations and doings....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so well written! I am counting my blessings as Sylvia only carries about 37 blouses, and i pretend i'm colourblind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wierd, I could swear she said it was 480 pairs of pants!

    Safe trip tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Croft -- LOL. That is called "Love." Forget the romance, that is L-O-V-E.

    Dee in South Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious. Sounds like a scene from from the old Honeymooners TV program!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great chuckle...I gave up getting rick to do those sorts of things for me..hes color blind....safe travels...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny except for the part about your knees killing you. Imagine how tough it is for Norma normally. I've got a couple foam pads I keep around for those jobs where I'll be on my knees or back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great commentary. It goes that way at our house also.

    ReplyDelete