Sunday, April 12, 2009

New Roof Tested

We paid our bill and left our free parking place at Camping World at about 1:00 pm and headed for Austin, TX. It was a very short drive up I-35 and we checked into the Austin Lone Star RV Resort about five miles from downtown. It is a Passport America park but of course there is no reduction on the weekends so we are paying $50 for Saturday night and $40/2=$20  for Sunday night. They charge for Internet as well but give out a free four hour “Trial” that I will use Sunday night to send this out.

We were awoken in the middle of the night by a downpour! It has been a long time since I have seen rain come down like this and it was a good test for the new roof. It held up admirably and no “wet spots” on the ceiling.

Today Norma wants to go and see the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Centre near the RV park. The centre was started by the former Presidents wife and actress Helen Hayes in 1982 to protect and preserve Texas’ native plants. I will take my macro lens and see what I can photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment